FIFTH UPDATE: Hurricane Hermine makes Florida landfall early Friday

FIFTH UPDATE: Category one Hurricane Hermine struck the Florida Coast early Friday causing flooding and power outages for some 200,000 people along the coast. (See more information via news outlets.)

FOURTH UPDATE:
Now Tropical Storm Hermine is predicted to make landfall in northwest Florida as a hurricane late Thursday or early Friday, the National Hurricane Center reported.
The storm Thursday morning was 195 miles south-southwest of Apalachicola, Fla., and 235 miles west of Tampa. It had winds of 65 mph and was traveling north-northeast at 12 mph. It is expected to bring heavy rainfall to central and north Florida. A hurricane warning is out for parts of the state.
Meanwhile Hurricane Gaston continues to travel easterly andTropical Depression 8 is dissipating west of North Carolina.

THIRD UPDATE
Hurricane Gaston on Wednesday continued its east=northeast movement far out in the Atlantic, traveling at 6 mph with winds of 115 mph.
Tropical Depression 9 is stationary is in the Gulf of Mexico far south of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama coasts, but was expected to begin moving later Wednesday to resume heading toward the Florida gulf coast. It has winds of 35 mph, but is expected to strengthen late Wednesday. It will bring heavy rainfall and possible isolated tornadoes, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Tropical Depression 8 is moving away from the North Carolina coast. It is traveling at 15 mph with winds of 35 mph.
Far out in the Pacific, is Category 4 Hurricane Lester, with winds of 130 mph traveling west at 12 mph.

SECOND UPDATE
Hurricane Gaston on Tuesday had winds of 105 mph and was moving east/northeast. At 11 a.m. it was 700 miles east of Bermuda and traveling at 8 mph.
Texans can rest a bit, now that Tropical Depression 9 is scheduled to change from west-northwest to north-northeast by Wednesday and go into the eastern Gulf of Mexico, eventually striking central and western Florida, then Georgia and South Carolina by Friday.
Tropical Depression 8 Tuesday morning was 115 miles south of Cape Hatteras, N.C. It has winds of 35 mph and a tropical storm warning is out from Cape Lookout to Oregan Inlet.
There is now a Low pressure disturbance off the coast of Africa associated with a tropical wave. Its chance of formation into a tropical storm within the next five days is 40 percent.

FIRST UPDATE
UPDATE: Hurricane Gaston showed an increase by early Monday, Tropical Depression 8 was heading toward the North Carolina outer banks, now Tropical Depression 9 was in the Florida straits and a new storm has developed near the central Texas coast, in the Gulf of Mexico.
Category 3 Hurricane Gaston early Monday had winds of 120 mph and was stationary still well out in the Atlantic. It is expected to begin a slow movement in the northeasterly direction.
Tropical Depression 8 still has winds of 35 mph and was moving west-northwest at 10 mph. Early Monday it was 260 miles southeast of Cape Hatteras, N.C.
Tropical Depression 9 also had winds of 35 mph and was traveling west northwest through the Florida straits, Early Monday it was 100 miles west of Key West and 25 miles northwest of Havana, Cuba. It is expected to move well into the southeast Gulf of Mexico later Monday.
Forecasts are for it to to make eventual landfall in Texas, Louisiana or Florida’s west coast.
The low pressure off the central coast of Texas had disorganized thundershowers and has a low chance of becoming a tropical storm, according tot he National Hurricane Center.

EARLIER REPORT
There is Hurricane Gaston and Tropical Depression 8 in the Atlantic, but now a low pressure area near the north coast of Cuba — that is the one residents oif the Rio Grande Valley might start watching soon.
Gaston now has winds of 105 mph and is traveling northwest at 5 mph. At 11 a.m. Sunday, is was located 600 miles east of Bermuda. It eventually may make landfall somewhere in the Carolinas.
Tropical Depression 8 is nearer to the U.S.. It has winds of 35 mph and is traveling west at 9 mph. It is 310 miles west of Bermuda and 405 miles east of Hatteras, N.C. It is predicted to strike the esst coast, then drift out to sea.
The new low pressure area is producing an area of disorganized thunderstorms. It is expected to move into the Gulf of Mexico on Monday. It has a 40 percent chance of forming into a tropical storm within the next 48 hours and a 60 percent within the next five days.
Meanwhile, it is expected to bring heavy storms to southern Florida and the Florida Keys.
The National Hurricane Center has not predicted any possible activity after it gets into the Gulf, but various other forecasts place it making eventual landfall in Texas, Louisiana or Florida’s west coast.