Note to Selena fans, a duets album set for April 3

For those who cherish the late Selena and her music, some good news.
A new album “Enamorada de Ti” that features Selena’s greatest hits, and recast with duets with Cristian Castro, Don Omar, Selena Gomez and Juan Magan, plus others, is scheduled to be released April 3.
For those who do not know, Selena, murdered at an early age, was named Artist of the Decade by Billboard magazine and became the first artist to simultanously place five Spanish-language releases in the Billboard 200.
Her songs still are played in regular rotation on Latin and adult-contemporary radio.
Among her performances was in Harlingen at the now-defunct RioFest.

7 comments for “Note to Selena fans, a duets album set for April 3

1. Brenda G.
    February 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I love Selena and her music, especially the Tejano songs. I certainly will purchase that album. It will be interesting hearing her with those other singers.

2. Lupita M.Tamez
    February 9, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Jerry, J.Ortega is critizing myleadernews, for reposting some articles. I think, he forgot to take a laxative, and the other dummy Jake, want’s you to ban D-PM, excuse me, this isn’t Tony Chapa’s blog and it’s three bloggers, Jake, Juan Ortega and Tony Chapa. Nothing but losers.

Jerry Deal comments: Juan Ortega is just a pest like a fly, he just buzzes around and agitates. I have explained that when I use an old story, I state is is an update with new information. If I was to rewrite it, it would be the same information. Remember, Ortega is the man who published some other information and claimed it was his own. This man can barely write his name.

• Lupita M.Tamez
      February 9, 2012 at 9:16 pm

LOL

3. Robert Serna
    February 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

The album should contain a duet between Selena and Amy Winehouse.

4. Doris Roberts
    February 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm

“Excitable blogger Jerry Deal has left the fire in Rio Hondo
    and is now on the Selena Beat.

He writes today: “For those who cherish the late Selena
    and her music, some good news. A new album
    ‘Enamorada de Ti’ that features Selena‚Äôs greatest hits,
    and recast with duets with Cristian Castro, Don Omar,
    Selena Gomez and Juan Magan, plus others, is
    scheduled to be released April 3.”

It’s, I think, Deal’s first foray into the world of
    Tejano Rock.

Funny, funny stuff coming from Deal.”

And he laughs, and laughs, and laughs.

Jerry Deal comments: I imagine this came from little Tony Chapa, or one of his two all nonsense bloggers. It shows how little they know about me, I was a Selena fan when she was alive and met her once, finding her a genuine person. When she was killed, we at the Valley Morning Star went all out to cover it and let the readers know about all she had accomplished. We put out a metal plate of her that we sold and donated to charity.
    Also, I have watched the Selena movie at least a half dozen times. SO THERE, “SMART (NOT) GUY.”
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    I might add that I WRITE ABOUT MANY THINGS not just handouts from law enforcement and others, since the publisher of Myharlingennews has no writing ability.

• Doris Roberts
      February 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Sir, the above excerpt was written by another pseudonym of Duardo Paz Martinez.

• Blogger M
        February 11, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Doris, why are you so hell-bent on getting a blog war started between Jerry and DP-M? It’s beginning to sound like you have some half-hysterical obsession with DP-M which puts you in the same category as Jake and unless that’s a comparison you enjoy, I’d suggest you re-think how you are coming across. Anybody with half a brain would recognize the difference between the way DP-M writes and the way Losoya puts his blog together. DP-M may have an issue with Jerry in one area and has covered that issue extensively but everytime he has written something critical, he has signed his name to it and stands by it from a journalist’s perspective. I have never heard him laugh at Jerry or make fun of him. He might have let loose a few chuckles at some of the ridiculous claims coming from you, Doris and if that’s what you’re worrying about, stop making ridiculous claims. Obviously Jerry has been occasionaly irritated at DP-M’s stance but that’s all part of the give and take of people with different opinions. Doris, you sound like you believe that no one should be allowed to disagree with Jerry, in which case maybe you should be looking for a cult instead of a venue for free speech. Obsessions are not healthy Doris and once you close your mind, you might as well just shut off your brain.

Jerry Deal comments: Well written and most likely very accurate. I do not believe that Paz-Martinez is writing those comments from this blog in question. I believe he is more professional than that. He has taken and still takes his shots at me but uses his true name (for those who criticize him for writing under others). If I found differently (which I do believe will not happen) I would be very disappointed in a fellow journalist.
        In addition to all that, there has be a culprit in the posting of what I am told is Myharlingennew.blog spot.
        I looked at his in its infancy and deterimined it had to be one by some snot-nosed kid who wanted to build on his own seld estimate bvwamemake his own look good.
        Well he failed. I have no knowledge of who this self appointed “savior” of the Valley is.

Comments are closed.