Dunkin gets big one while hunting in Armenia (Click to see Photos)

Harlingen
businessman and retired banker Dial Dunkin shot this Armenian mountain goat Monday while hunting in Armenia. Dunkin reported it had a spread of 25, with the world record being 28 and falls into the top 10 biggest. He said he drove to the top of a mountain and that it took him more than an hour to take a shot.  That shot was more than 400 yards.

13 comments for “Dunkin gets big one while hunting in Armenia (Click to see Photos)

1. August 16, 2010 at 8:14 pm

It must be nice to afford going all over the world to hunt.
    Of course, I am just jealous, if I could afford it, I would do the same.

2. V. Tinker Shays
    August 16, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Poor goat,never bothered anybody. Just died to stroke an old,rich mans ego. The only animal that should be hunted today is the homo sapiens. The Genus Dunkin would make good (albiet easy) quarry.

• August 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

OK, Tanker Bell,
      So are you upset because Dial Dunkin killed an animal, or because he could afford to go to a foreign country to do it?
      Are you jealous of people who have lots more money than you?
      Are you also opposed to those hunters who come here for white wing, deer and other hunting? Or, is that okay because they add to the economy?
      If so, you must certainly be opposed to Bass Pro Shops, which sell all that hunting equipment. (I am not opposed to hunting, but am opposed to BP with a $50 million price tag).

3. Hermieny Ginko
    August 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Good shot Dial. I see those mountains behind you are Iran. I hope you get out before all hell breaks lose at the nuclear plants when Israel bombs them!

4. Mortimer Snerd
    August 16, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Dial is the last of the great white hunters. Go get ’em Buwana!

5. V. Tinker Shays
    August 16, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Jerry, your smart ass imitation of Chapa is very good. The name is V. Tinker Shays. Why twist it,to humiliate? I am a hunter. But I use what I kill. I do not kill animals for the sake of killing. And I do not give a rats ass about any mans wealth. Life is sacred (except for humans, in my opinion), and to take it without reason is tragic.

Jerry Deal Responds:
    OK, you are right, I was out of line, but I really felt you were wrong in your assessment of Dunkin.
    Let me ask you, do you actually eat or see that everything you kill goes into the mouths of human beings? Do you ever kill an animal that is not eatable?
    If you can answer no to those questions, good for you. You must know that this is not true of all hunters, even the ones who can only afford to coame to South Texas to hunt.
    God, you really got me by accusing me of being an imitaiton of Tony.

6. Harlingen Facts
    August 17, 2010 at 1:32 am

Was it endangered or threatened? Seriously, travel all the way around the globe to wack a goat?

I am amazed at the enthusiasm people have for killing things and then mounting them to show off species that no longer exist…. a tribute to man’s selfish existence. nice.

I’d bet $20 this guy has killed a polar bear, because seriously, you’re aren’t a man ’til you club a seal or snuff a panda… and polar bears? There’s like 2,000 left- enough for all of us really.

Kids around the world go hungry daily… write about that, Jerry.

7. John
    August 17, 2010 at 7:32 am

Personally I prefer shooting targets. Not to much into the gamey taste. I do however love to shoot and eat quail.

This should go for all of us. Who are we to judge how anyone uses their own money? You can’t buy yourself into Heaven anyway so why worry about it.

Gotta’ admit we do have kids going hungry and homeless here in the Valley. Good point Harlingen Facts.

8. Danny Zuniga
    August 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Congrats D, now we have an alibi that we were in Armenia when Chuck Lee filed the lawsuit, huh?

9. August 20, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Great photos, my man. Hope to see you soon.

10. Mark Bard
    June 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I hear cabrito is really good, and you can get it here in the Valley.

11. Texasman
    July 23, 2011 at 12:15 pm

He wasted his ammo on a goat. Should have plugged a few Muslims.

12. Masis
    September 14, 2013 at 5:59 am

why people just dont hunt in their own countries, instead of destroying the fauna of developing states? You think it is fair to destroy the nature of such a small state?
    This is not the civilized way of tourism or whatsoever. shame on you

Comments are closed.