Myleadernews.com is now back in business

As promised, although much later than had been anticipated, Myleadernews is back in business for your reading enjoyment and input. You should find it more streamlined than in the past.

I believe this area needs an online publication that not only includes editorial comments by this writer, but blogs from contributors (like you), as well as unbiased articles.

MyLeaderNews.com has gone through some design changes since it began 2005.

MyLeaderNews.com has gone through some design changes since 2005.

Also, it will involve some news from the Rio Grande Valley and South Texas  – news that you either don’t get from your other local media and/or comments and opinions that those media folks do not include.

The staff includes myself (Jerry), son Jay and grandsons, Josiah and Jordan Deal. I am the writer, they are the computer whizzes who will keep this publication going.

Myleadernews has taken notice about the MyHarlingennews.com, and until recently was a contributor, in lieu of having this publication in operation.  Our intentions are not to take away from that source, in fact, some of the views expressed in that online publication  are like or similar to ours. There  may be times that there is duplication. An example of this will be Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings news items. Although I also represent the United League Baseball as media director, I still will see that all publications in the region get Wings and league news, including MyHarlingennews.com.

There is one major difference. There will be no threats of cutting contributors off if their views are unlike ours.  We believe that everyone has a right to express his/her views regardless of what they may be.

However, no swear words, racist or possible libelous remarks will be permitted. They will be stricken from the contributor’s blog.

We will continue to also include some state and national news. Actually, Myleadernews never quit doing that, it has been here for all to read. But, we will not clutter up the publication with some handouts, especially if they have or will appear in other media outlets.

We  not only welcome your opinions, we encourage them.

However, we are going to first check them out, so that we can avoid any libelous statements and will run only those who offer their identifications.

If you do not want to be identified publicly, include a name that you would like to be used online. But, I repeat, you must identify yourself to Myleadernews and state you do not want to be identified publicly.

Having been in the news dodge for some 40 years, I know that there are times that contributors are afraid or at least reluctant to identify themselves publicly. Down the years, I have used unnamed sources, although I have known who they were.

Last, but not least, for those who might want to advertise. Just let us know and you will get a quote.

So,  spread the word to everyone you know that they can now sign on to Myleadernews.

Send your comments to dealhrlngn@aol.com.

Thanks to all for your patience.

Jerry, Jay,  Josiah and Jordan Deal

9 comments for “Myleadernews.com is now back in business

1. Keith Wolf
    May 5, 2010 at 4:36 am

Good Luck, will be nice to see other sides of local thoughts.

I have been a casual observer of other Harlingen Blogs, been banned and reinstated for my blunt remarks and some fooling about with my name usages on blogs.

I look forward to reading on this blog.

2. Ramiro Perez
    May 5, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Welcome Deal family and myleadernews.com. Im glad for this new site where we can voice our opinions without vulgar language and the threat of being banned .As you know Mr. Deal that Mr. Chapa banned me because of differenses of mayor candidates. I never disrespected him even after he called me and others idiots .Thank you for allowing me to comment on your site and i promise to KEEP IT CLEAN . Mr. R.Perez

3. Kenneth Benton
    May 5, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Welcome back

4. Mark A. Bard
    May 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Right now, my HCISD Property Tax is more than my city, county and South Texas ISD taxes combined. And HCISD wants more this Saturday. It would go from $943/year to $1024/year. The increase will be in place fo 30 years! That’s just the school tax! Do you really want to take more money out of your pocket for 30 years so Boggus Stadium can add more concrete to the visitor side, plus all the other extravagance being proposed? I don’t. If it passes, those voting “NO” will have to pay anyway. I’d like to opt out of paying school tax because I don’t have kids in school. Meade Marketing’s slogan for the PAC promotion of the bond is condescending and weak: “Do your BIT so our kids can do their BEST”. Puulllease! You mean our kids need yet another bond issue so they can do their best? What happened with the last bond issue? Nothing. Johnny still can’t add.

5. Oscar Carmona
    May 6, 2010 at 9:28 am

Looking forward to unbiased coverage of local news topics. Tony Chapa has called me a coconut since I am a Hispanic who sides with the better Anglo candidates. That is not cool.

6. May 6, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Oscar, you posted some slanderous comments. Lawyers were threatening to file against you.

• Kori Marra
      May 21, 2010 at 7:59 pm

We all have our opinions. I welcome a website that will not delete things that speak positively about me or anyone else for that matter. I can take criticism…but that other “blog” loves racism and actually promotes such ideas. Oscar…whomever you are….thank you. And thank you Jerry Deal for trying to allow views from all perspectives. I trust you with my views and my IP address. I know you will not edit my true voice. I do not expect you to agree with me on all issues, but allow me to speak for myself.

7. Juan Carranza
    May 6, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Thank you Mr. Deal for this bolg. Tony has deleted some of my comments.

8. John Asbury
    May 7, 2010 at 2:22 am

I am also concerned about the School Bond. Is that much money really necessary?

Comments are closed.